Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
>
> > In my opinion "Show Something" really means "make Something appear on the
> > screen, but don't remove everything that isn't Something that was already
> > on the screen".
>
> AOL. How about "Hide All" / "Show All", ala Mac OS? (We might have to throw
> another word in.)

Well, the actual reason you want to press that button is mainly to get
access to the desktop. I think it's better to have that operation easy to
find for users than to avoid some possible impurity in the definition of
the desktop term.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a genetically engineered Republican messiah haunted by memories of 'Nam.
She's a wealthy African-American politician prone to fits of savage,
blood-crazed rage. They fight crime!