Re: A Few Standard Folders [Re: Structure in $HOME]

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 16:43, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Seth Nickell wrote:
>
> > directory is a folder *actually* called "Giorgio"? Where do you go when
> > the user goes to "file:///Giorgio"... Also, this takes reading every
>
> To me this sounds like yet another reason why the Nautilus location bar
> shouldn't be visible by default...

No, because it would break as soon as the location bar is made visible.
It's why folders should have one, real, filesystem name.

> And one other thing: if people start using URI's for every different view
> mode in nautilus, why shouldn't the URI's themselves be localized?

Because they are a back-end in GNOME. A GNOME app should be able to
expect that fonts:/// is the fonts directory without having to do a
translation lookup. They should have a localised name, and perhaps the
location bar should display something totally different to the URI ala
windows.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>