Re: gucharmap

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 18:07, Noah Levitt wrote:
> Keyboard navigation already works. In fact, it was the first
> method of navigation that I implemented. Arrow keys, pgup,
> pgdn, home, end, as well as hjkl (vi keys), space and `b'
> ("less" keys), and Enter to add the active character to
> text-to-copy.

Great; but it'd be best if you ran this by Calum first, to see how it
meshes with the keynav in the rest of GNOME.

>[regarding Atk implementations]
>
> I do intend to do this. I'll probably solicit your help on
> irc since you offered.
Sure.

> > gucharmap should also observe the current theme colors and font size and style.
>
> It does, with the exception that it takes the default font
> and makes it 50% bigger in the chartable. For this type of
> app I think it makes sens to start with a slightly bigger
> font.

Yes, is seems reasonable to use a heuristic based on (but not identical
with) the current font size.  However in such a case you may want to
clamp the font size to the theme's size for large values (for instance,
values greater than 20 points), since otherwise gucharmap could get too
big (presumably the user has chosen an 'application font' size that s/he
can see reasonably well).

For instance:

guchar_cell_font_size = MAX ( MIN (app_font_size * 1.5, 20.0),
                              app_font_size);

- Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>