Re: [Markus Kuhn cl cam ac uk: A suggestion for gucharmap, KCharMap and umap]

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 08:28:04PM -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance (I'm a dum amuricun)... What are the unicode
> annotation and cross reference info? How do you (personally) typically
> use them? In what situations would you envision other people using them?

There is an example (for the APOSTROPHE) in Marcus' mail. It is
information that describes the semantic meaning of the character and,
iirc, also describes the opposite number in the case of paired items
such as parentheses. Marcus points out that the reason for using these
is to help people select the nominally "correct" character, rather than
one that just looks roughly right.

Malcolm

--
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?