GNOME documentation

I started a long email about what I think is wrong with the GNOME
documentation, but I saw there was pretty much a common theme in what I
was going to say.  Are there any plans for making more cohesive,
functional documentation ala http://www.php.net?  I am a Unix developer
who would really like to use Gtk and/or GNOME libs on HPUX but I can't
leave around code for developers that might come behind me with the
documentation in the state it is in.

By the way, the php.net documentation is the best I have seen.  It would
be great to have a place where developers could contribute parts of
documentation, or even post tips or "gotchas".