Re: Totem with GStreamer backend

Hey Dennis,

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 11:22, Dennis Björklund wrote:
> It works very well, but I miss my subtitles. Is there any way to open an
> avi together with a subtitle file?

Not yet.

We've got subtitle parsing code plus an element that merges it with the
(decoded) video frame (these were all demonstrated at guadec), but these
haven't been merged into GStreamer's main module (HEAD) yet (and not
with 0.6.x either). Once someone merges them and adds a hack (or
whatever) to libgstplay to open subtitle files, it'll work. It's not so
much programming work that's needed, but just some moving around work
and getting bits 'n pieces together.

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>