Re: seahorse improvements

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 14:08, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 17:24, Mark Roach wrote:
> > I know gpg uses its own key database, but for a user like my wife and
> > friends, ok, I'll say it, like myself too ;-) the only place that it
> > makes sense to manage the keys from is the addressbook (I would suggest
> > evolution's addressbook, but I guess that might prevent adoption into
> > core gnome in the future, too bad :-( )
>
> Just a note on this- evolution will most likely be working towards
> becoming part of the official desktop in the future, which was not
> always in the cards. This isn't written in stone yet but it is something
> to keep in mind- working with evo should not be ruled out completely
> going forward.

I posted on the evolution-hackers mailing list yesterday on this very
topic. It turns out that the evo guys plan on splitting out the calendar
and addressbook as a shared library that can be used by other
applications.

However, it's a lot of work to do this so it might take a while.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

The lighting designer is expected to be a master of art, science,
history, psychology, communications, politics and sometimes even
mind reading. -- Stage Lighting Design 101