Re: GWeather suckage

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 07:52:50AM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> The only GNOME distributor who has had a problem with the current
> situation is Sun. If Sun wants those guarantees, they need to provide
> the resources for them.

Well, I'm not sure it's only Sun. I don't enjoy really shipping a
weather applet that has a good chance of not working or stopping
working. It should at least speak a sane protocol so if it breaks we
could set up another server and tell people to redirect to it.

On the other hand, I can guarantee that if I tried to make a business
case for spending any nontrivial amount of money on a weather server,
I would fail. ;-)

Havoc