Re: cursor themes, XFree86-4.3 and the mouse dialog

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 13:38, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I know, it is about far perspective. But since 2.6 is going to include
> gswitchit (I hope) the question about supporting XFree <4.3.0 is a
> thing which I am interested as well. So if at some point we decide that
> 2.6 is going to drop support for older versions of XFree - I think the
> mouse dialog will benefit from it, won't it?

I _really_ doubt support will be wholly dropped; that doesn't make sense
since tons of people don't even use XFree86 (i.e., most commercial UNIX
users, people running Xig or another server that actually works properly
on their video chipset, etc.).  So since all these X servers without
XFree86 4.3 extensions must be supported, so then would pre-4.3 XFree86
servers.  ^,^

They might, of course, have far less functionality enabled when used,
I'd imagine.