Re: release notes pimping

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 17:50, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 11:40, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > > Hrm, are we really 'Enterprise Ready' yet? Perhaps that's something to pimp
> > > for 2.6 -> feels a bit uncomfortable just now.
> >
> > Okay, I'll admit that 'Enterprise Ready' is a bit of a buzz word, but
> > seriously folks, we've just managed to get GNOME on 80,000 desktops in
> > Extramadura. That's a metric fuckload. That has a pretty strong message
> > to me, and it's not just about the cost. I guess I need some time to
> > think it over a little.
>
> A buzzword like 'Enterprise Ready' suggests we've done something in 2.4
> to become more enterprise ready than we previously were. And we're just
> not.
To bad I wasn't able to get Oracle Applications working with Java 1.4.2
today or we could have presented screenshots of Oracle Applications 11i
with a GNOME look. That constitutes Enterprise ready in my book <g>

For those who missed my Oracle 11i (our ERP/CRM suite) screenshots with
GNOME check out:
http://www.linuxrising.com/files/

Hopefully I get it running with 1.4.2 eventually so I can shoot it using
the Bluecurve look for instance :)