RE: 2.4: System Tools - Please try them

Hi Seth,

On Tue, 2 Jun 2003, Seth Nickell wrote:

> them (the ones that haven't already been consumed by Unix ;-) are going
> to prefer a nice GNOME way of doing things.

> Mandrake and RedHat then are the two players that we'd need to
> coordinate with. Apart from the "works on all distros" issue (which is
> of course a show stopped), I actually really prefer RH's tools, but I'd

w.r.t. Mandrake: I can't speak for them of course but I've been
sufficiently involved in the development process for 9.1 that I can say
something about it. The Mandrake drakxtools are based on perl-GTK so that
would probably simplify cooperation with g-s-t. On the down side however,
their designers seem to have never heard of a HIG or even basic usability
principles.[1] :-( (Granted, they're not targeting GNOME specifically, but
still.)

[1] http://www.phatvibez.net/reviews.php?ID=mdk91

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778