Re: D-Bus

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 01:32:45PM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I think that Michael raises a good point here:
>
> > 	Ultimately D/BUS doesn't matter 1 tiny piece. What really matters is
> > that Gnome has no conflict resolution process, nor shared vision, nor
> > way of articulating one - this means that people can abuse their
> > position ( as a distributor, maintainer of core components etc. ) to
> > achieve their particular goals. It also leads to a gladitorial
> > development where people waste vast amounts of time and effort.
>
>      Didn't we have the Gnome Enhancement Procedure?

Yes. It doesn't seem to be working very well; the cases where we tried
to use it just didn't work. I don't feel like I can definitively
explain why or why not, though I have various speculations.

In any case, it's premature to use that process on D-BUS, D-BUS has to
work before we can consider it for GNOME adoption.

Havoc