Re: GEPs

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 23:47, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Jeff Waugh">
>
> > I think Havoc means the 'changes to modules list' GEPs that were not done
> > for 2.2 because everyone pretty much agreed anyway. Might be worth trying it
> > out for 2.4.
>
> James Henstridge just pointed out to me that a clear GEP decision could have
> avoided the zvt vs. vte fallout thread we had recently.

FWIW, I don't really feel that this is true. It would have (perhaps)
made it harder to ignore what the module list was, but it was already
pretty hard to ignore. I suppose if a GEP is just a way to cover our
asses with people who don't pay attention to the lists, then yes, it
would fill that role, but otherwise I don't see how it actually _solves_
the zvt v. vte problem.

To put it another way: if the people involved don't want to agree (see:
theme management) GEPs are just a more formal way for them to argue. It
doesn't actually solve anything.

Luis