Re: [Usability]User Object Simplification?

Hi,

We never talked much about how to translate this into code.

It seems the basic idea is to abstract some of the functionality of a
"container", i.e. make the panel more like a directory view and a
nautilus directory view more like the panel.

Concrete steps here seem to include:

 - perhaps the panel contents should map to a filesystem directory,
   instead of a bunch of gconf settings?

 - establishing an initial place to share code between panel and
   nautilus, a library that supports "things/icons" that can be
   contained - where things/icons have to be lightweight enough to be
   elements in a nautilus directory view.

Havoc