Re: Galeon2 / Nautilus as a web browser [was: Re: KDE Interop [Was: D-BUS background]]

Applications that use a toolkit's libraries should not be bound by the
version in that toolkit. Yes, sometimes they are confusing. In an ideal
world though, they don't matter as much as N > N-1, which is what the
version number is all about anyway.  Yes, Nautilus jumped from version
1.0 straight up to 2.0 for the stable series. Lots of other applications
and/or libraries did similar. This doesn't mean everything should,
especially if it's not a core component of GNOME. Metacity isn't even
considered stable yet, and it's version is 2.4.34. Should we require
metacity themes to also be versioned in the Fibonaci sequence? That
makes no sense.

-- dobey