Re: Galeon2 / Nautilus as a web browser [was: Re: KDE Interop [Wa s: D-BUS background]]

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 16:22, Vadim Plessky wrote:

On Monday 10 March 2003 17:26, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
|  Actually we have a half-GEPed policy now for GNOME version numbers. I
| think _almost_ everything in GNOME 2.2 is meant to have a 2.2.x version
| number.
|  But stuff that isn't part of GNOME platform or desktop, such as Galeon,
|  probably shouldn't bother with it. We don't need stuff calling itself
|  version 2.2.0 just because it uses GNOME 2.2 libraries.
Certanly interesting...
- Why Galeon2 is not part of GNOME?

Mozilla dependency comes to mind. Once GRE is ready enough, maybe that
can be reconsidered.

Why is that a problem? Practicly everybody ships mozilla in some for of other, and it is at least as portable as gnome.

Rui