Re: Do we care about spec files?

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 15:18, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> 2) is the only option for many packages, such as all of mine. I'm not
> maintaining these spec files; if people start to complain/file bugs
> I'm going to delete the files. ;-)

Such hostility! ;-)

No, seriously, this is what I was looking for.  I just wanted to know
what the current policy/practice was.

> This is the only right approach. If we want to have working spec
> files, then someone has to own them and keep them up-to-date in CVS.
>
> It's no small job, though. (I know, since I maintain many Red Hat
> ones.)

Well, I'm not ready to step up and say that I'll handle all of this (or
that I even could), however I'll see what progress I can make on the
problems I find and see if I can get fixes incorporated.

Hopefully getting a patch for your spec file won't incite violence and
random "cvs remove"s ;-).

Back to my day job...

Regards,
Neil