Re: Notification Area guidelines

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 01:59:20PM +1300, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	And therein lies the problem. Such behaviour confuses the meaning of
> the "close" button. I don't think we want such confusion in GNOME thank
> you very much :-)

Agreed. Using the notification area as some kind of weird alternative
to minimization seems pretty wacky.

We *can* trivially add the ability for the minimized app buttons in
the window list to support things like flashing, or tooltips, or
whatever. So if "rich minimized state" is wanted, we can do that
without adding a new kind of minimization.

Havoc