Re: Notification Area guidelines

Olivier Crete wrote:
RealPlayer icon there or a xmms icon. On that topic, monitors probably do not belong there and should have their own applet.. Since they are self-contained anyways.

I agree completely. When I was writing the Update Alert applet for Dropline I was trying to figure out a nice way to use the notification area, but it just didn't make sense. An applet is a much better way to go in this case since there are no other windows or parts to the program--as far as the user can tell, the little icon *is* the program, which is exactly the purpose of an applet.

Todd