Re: Notification Area guidelines

Hi,

My case for continuous notification is... Lets say I get up to have a
coffee and only come back to my computer 5 minutes later.. if the bubble
has come and gone.. well I need to go check every notification app to get
the message.. so the notification has to stay there.. and if it doesnt
blink I might as well miss it.. I agree that it should only blink when
user action is required... (ie you can't let an icq message in the
incoming queue forever).  and the lending computer thing is not really
relevant on unix because you have the concept of multiple user accounts.

But I agree that we need clear guidelines and not too many ways to notify
users..

--
Tester
tester tester ca

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly. -- Henry Spencer