Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

tor 2003-03-13 klockan 20.35 skrev Andrew Sobala:
> 2.4.5 Use of GNOME resources
>
> I think the important bits here are:
>
> -> CVS and translations. How well do the translation team cope with apps
> out of GNOME CVS (like gstreamer, IIRC). I think this is the only reason
> an app actually needs to be in GNOME CVS.

The docs people are probably also happy if things is all stored in the
same repository, as well as the usability people, the a11y people and
everyone else that more or less often needs to have a look at the
different modules in the core desktop.

There are also a slew of other benefits in my peronal opinion; there's
certainly an important convenience to any hacker of only having to check
out another module and not go hunting the web for yet another needed
anonymous cvs access information, and thus an important help for
contribution. I can also imagine that having everything in the same
repository helps the release team and build sheriffs (do the current
build sheriffs have access to gstreamer cvs?) and the tinderbox.