Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 11:39, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 11:30, Jason A. Pfeil wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 10:47, Sean Middleditch wrote:
>
> > > One thing that'll help is a common mime-type system among all
> > > desktops/apps.  That's probably the one thing that Galeon/Epiphany
> > > really provide.
> >
> > ...er...Galeon doesn't quite provide that as it uses its own list and
> > not GNOME's.  FWIH, Epiphany *does* use GNOME's, but I have yet to get
> > it to compile on my ba5dardized system.  ;-)
>
> heh.  right, you think I'd've remember that seeing as how I evangelize
> Epiphany for that reason... ~,^
>
> Galeon does however make use of your base settings - it has its own
> system you can configure, but if you don't configure it, it at least
> knows to use the apps you configured in GNOME.  (For galeon1.3 anyways)

Muy interesante.  I didn't know that Galeon 1.3 would use GNOME settings
in absence of its own settings.  That's better than it was, at least.

<to Mr. Middleditch and not to the list>
Erm...what are the requirements to compile Epiph?  I've had some issues
that make me think I'm using too new of a Moz version...