Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

I think the advantages of Galeon/Epiphany at the moment are:

1 Native widgets (the native theme thing even if would work perfectly would
solve only part of the problem)
2 HIG compliance
3 Use of system prefs (proxy, toolbars...)
4 Simpler interface (Phoenix could help here)
5 Mime types/protocols integration

While 4-5 are going to be solved, I think 1-2-3 would hardly be solvable.
Having a native gnome browser in the desktop would help improving the integration,
the use of a common toolbar editor, lock down gconf keys, are just the first
examples that come to my mind.
In general I think that, in the web browse case, it's easier to mantain
a Gnome targeted version of the interface than try to integrate a multi
platform interface with Gnome, which IHMO would never work as well.

Just an opinion.

Marco