RE: 2.4 Module List - zenity

> From: Rodrigo Moya [mailto:rodrigo gnome-db org]
> To: Cumming Murray (COMNEON Linz)
> > A few users might like to write nautilus scripts for
> themselves. But surely
> > anything that's useful for lots of users should be a real
> feature. If we are
> > just talking about a tiny minority of users then I don't
> think it belongs in
> > the Desktop.
> >
> this makes me think that it could be a good idea to offer an
> integrated
> scripting engine, as is done in Mac OS, for instance. I don't know
> exactly how this could be accomplished, but I guess making obvious to
> every GNOME user that they can write nice little scripts
> could be a good
> idea.
>
> How is the AppleScript integration done in Mac OS ? Is it just a tool
> that comes with the OS, or is it more integrated?

The Finder and other Applications export Applescript interfaces. That would
be a bit like Nautilus and Gnumeric exporting Bonobo interfaces and people
using them via Python or Perl, etc. It's also equivalent to VBA, which works
via COM/ActiveX interfaces.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com