Re: Zenity in utils - 2.4 Module List - zenity

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org> writes:

> I do not if it has been covered but I do think we should ship Zenity,
> but not as a separate module. It should be put into gnome-utils. The
> number of smaller modules is getting a bit out of hand and for non-libs
> I do not see the advantages. acme for instance should also go into
> gnome-utils or control-center for instance.
>
> New additions is good, but I really think we should not start shipping
> every little app standalone.

Why not? Separate modules can have separate releases when they need
it, and completely separate people working on them so that noone has
to become supermaintainer and fight the bitrot alone. What do
gnome-applets, gnome-games and gnome-utils maintainers think about
this issue?

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/