Re: the canvas quest

On 29 Mar 2003, Andrew Sobala wrote:

> libgnomecanvas is part of the GNOME platform and carries a guarantee of
> API (/ABI?) stability until the end of GNOME 2.x. Although it may not be
> the best canvas, it's here to stay...

But it could very well stay there forevermore as part of the platform and
not used by anybody/anything if it doesn't have what people need - gnome
platform membership definately isn't a suffidently overwhelming advantage
to stick with the library if another codebase is technicaly a better
candidate to build the 'most people happy' canvas.

> --
> Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>
>
> "If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
> something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
> and morse code." -- hp

	Sander

	Humans love to categorize and organize things. We break up time into
	hours, days and years. Everything has to have a name, a history, an
	understanding of it's origins and must be indexed somewhere on Google.