Re: Scripting choices [Was: 2.4 Module List - zenity]

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 03:25:27PM +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> In the context of 2.4 and probably also 2.6, scripting using anything but
> the accessability hooks looks unlikely. Of course, you could do it the
> same way that UNO scripting works, assume everything is a object, and
> provide a way for teh script to find out what is what and how to operate
> on it. Having both "bonobo" and "g" objects makes the life a bit more
> interesting though.

Especially when neither one of them is as good for this as UNO or Mono.

I don't think you want object-introspection level scripting for simple
user-visible macro functionality anyhow. Using the accessibility stuff
isn't a hack, it's exactly the right thing - it works in terms of
user-visible features such as menu items.

Havoc