Re: [Usability]Dealing with files in Gnome

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:30:02 +0200 (CEST)
Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl> wrote:

> Hello Mark,
(...)
> Then you're throwing the generic bonobo container idea overboard. That
> just *has* to have some useful purpose, right? We just haven't found
> it yet...

hi! I am getting in the middle of the discussion, sorry!
maybe I can participate from an user point of view:

this behavior Mark suggested in nautilus would make me quite happy.

viewers in nautilus using bonobo are a great idea when
applied to the right task. in general, when a file is to be:

a) previewed -> nautilus embedding is ok, stand-alone app is ok too
b) edited -> stand-alone app is ok, nautilus feels weird

that brings a question wether a double-click means to view or to
edit a file.  am I talking rubbish? :)

--
Rafael Jannone           Just remember: wherever you go,    __O
ICQ # 10115284                   there you are            _`\<,_