Re: LibXML2 Indentation

Hi,

Is there such a tool that is Free Software, or is this just a moot
point? Besides that, the only added value over diff is to also notify
structural changes.

However, XML is supposed to be human readable. If it's displayed as
gibberish (which is mostly what one huge line seems) then it's not very
different from a binary format with a known structure.

A transparent format (which is what xml usually is) becomes not
transparent when it is made in such a way that it is much harder to
read. Even if it's not defined like that, I think that as a principle
the only space aware tags should be the ones with content that _needs_
space awareness. How many gconf tags need it?

Regards, Rui

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 09:13, Ross Burton wrote:
> If you were going to diff XML files, the sane way is to use an XML-aware
> diff tool in collapse-whitespace mode. This will ignore the whitespace
> and only look at the structural changes, and at the same time report the
> changed nodes in a far more sensible manner.

+ So let's do it...?