Re: TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.3.1 Development Desktop Release

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

> On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 07:03, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >   drwright - Enforces keyboard/computer breaks to avoid RSI/radiation
> >     sickness.
>
> "radiation sickness" ???
>
> Sorry, can't let that one pass ;-)
>
> drwright could not possibly protect anyone against any form or radiation
> sickness... fortunately "radiation sickness" is caused by excess
> exposure to gamma radiation, which is (again fortunately) not emitted by
> modern CRT or LCD monitors[1][2].

I think you're basing this analysis on an old version of drwright. Here's a
screenshot of the latest one, and a link to relevant documentation about the
dangers of exposing your desktop to radiation.

  http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/random/meltdown.png
  http://www.atomictourist.com/gnome.htm

- Jeff

      "And, most importantly, we now have modules named 'fontilus' and
        'themus' -- the two founders of GROME." - Jonathon Blandford