Re: Replacing xscreensaver

<quote who="Carlos Perell? Mar?n">

> > Perhaps writing a new frontend/daemon that still works with existing
> > xscreensaver hacks? Someone *might* even be able to get buy-in from jwz if
> > they're suitably obsequious.
>
> If the new frontend land inside the official xscreensaver

It's probably something we'd keep in GNOME CVS; I doubt very strongly that
jwz would take it, though he *might* (must be stressed) consider the concept
of multiple frontends/daemons to a standardised hacks "protocol" (which is
basically already there anyway).

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

     "Just because I sit in front of a terminal all day doesn't mean I
      couldn't hunt you down and righteously kick your ass to feed my
          newfound cannabalism." - Darwinian System Administration