Re: Replacing xscreensaver

Am Son, 2003-05-04 um 18.12 schrieb Christian Rose:
> xscreensaver as is currently used in GNOME seems to have a multitude of
> problems. For what I know, it's only used because of the lack of any
> better replacement, and there seems to be no progress in the problematic
> areas, which is kind of worrying.
>
> The problematic areas are at least two major ones:

[...]

If someone writes a new screensaver, then it would be really helpfull if
there was an usefull api/interface to disable the screensaver temporaly
(for movie-playback, games, tv-apps, etc.) At the moment every app does
it differently and the "one true way" suggested for xscreensaver is
simply horrible (You really have to get deaply involved with X - unless
you want to fork 1000s of xscreensaver-command processes).

Regards,
Jörgen

BOFH excuse number 157: Incorrect time synchronization