Re: Panel behaviour under Xinerama

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

> If an app asks whether xinerama is on or not, it's probably intending to
> do something improper, from that point of view.\

That's really silly. You can choose the advantages of Xinerama *and* expect
your apps apps and panels to not do braindead things (like maximise across
the entire display area, etc).

I think this whole issue is moot anyway, because both Xinerama and multihead
support different size displays, and you're going to have to do sensible
things to grok those anyway.

Xinerama is just a (reasonably dirty) hack to make multiple monitor support
work in a way that is not alarming or limiting to normal users who don't
want to understand the implementation details of screens and displays and
why I can't drag apps across and have to launch things on the display I want
them on, etc.

- Jeff

                   No match for "LINUSWEARSTHEPANTS.ORG".