Re: GNOME2.3: Modemlights applet

My idea is that, as ppp on/off is badly broken and it's not trivially
fixable, drop that functionality and substitute modelights with netspeed
applet. IMHO is better to simply not offer some functionality instead of
providing a completely broken implementation of it.
Of course is someone fixes modemlights the situation would be different,
although I'd still propose netspeed + some kind of dialup, as I find it
much nicer in general :)

--
"The missionaries go forth to Christianize the savages -- as if
the savages weren't dangerous enough already" [Edward Abbey]

xan, xan masilla org