Re: My (ongoing) analysis of the proposed modules

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 21:25, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've published my ongoing analysis of the proposed modules. It's ongoing,
> because some of them I haven't finished writing yet, but thought the
> document should go up as soon as possible. I have thoroughly tested almost
> all of the proposed modules (certainly the ones that are published so far).
> I will be finishing of the remaining module analyses as I can.
>
> In the meantime, have a read. It also contains an overview of what I think
> the desktop release stands for. Take this bit with a grain of salt. A lot of
> it was written at fundamentally ungodly hours of the morning, and I'll be
> revising it, I'm sure.
>
>   http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/screeds/twofourmodules.html

n-c-b isn't really Linux-specific. Only the CD writer discovery code is.
I made the BaconCdSelection widget which we could use. The backend for
the cd selection widget is the same as in n-c-b (on Linux), and it would
replace the hard-coded drop-down menu in n-c-b by an entry for non-Linux
systems.

15 minutes of work max here.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>