Gedit Slowness

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem,
but with 2.2.x gedit has become one of the
slowest loading applications on my desktop,
and I don't even have any plugins installed.

I find this very frustrating when all I want
is a scribble pad and I have to wait 10 seconds.

My pc is a 1.2Ghz athlon with 640mb ram. Here
are some whack-a-mole loading tests(ie. I kill
the app the second it is visable and responsive)

[sisob dogbert sisob]$ time gedit
real    0m10.576s
user    0m0.650s
sys     0m0.090s
[sisob dogbert sisob]$ time gedit
real    0m9.759s
user    0m0.600s
sys     0m0.060s
[sisob dogbert sisob]$ time gedit
real    0m9.004s
user    0m0.650s
sys     0m0.050s
[sisob dogbert sisob]$ time sudo synaptic
real    0m3.349s
user    0m1.260s
sys     0m0.250s
[sisob dogbert sisob]$ time mozilla
real    0m11.042s
user    0m2.080s
sys     0m0.120s
[sisob dogbert sisob]$ time oowriter
Starting OpenOffice.org ...
real    0m7.388s
user    0m4.210s
sys     0m0.190s
[sisob dogbert sisob]$ time oowriter
Starting OpenOffice.org ...
real    0m29.008s
user    0m4.390s
sys     0m0.450s

So yeah, on a second run gedit is slower than openoffice
writer - not good.

I'm going to go upgrade to 2.3 to see if that's any better..

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]
    [ Public Key: http://evolvedoo.sf.net/sisobatericomdotnet.asc  ]