RE: GnomeMeeting / OpenH323 [Was: 2.4 Module List]

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 16:01, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 14:47, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > [1] GnomeMeeting doesn't seem to be in RedHat 9, though I could be wrong.
> > There must be a good reason for that.
>
> It is. It gives an error message about not finding the right gconf
> values (although gconftool reports the right value), an insensitive
> gconf error dialog and isn't respecting the gtk theme, so I think
> there's some major configuration problems. But it is included :-)

It works well for me, and I maintain the Red Hat gnomemeeting package,
so I would be told if it was broken. I assume the reason for this is
that you run a gconf installed in a separate prefix, which doesn't get
the schema files for the system installed applications. Or something
like that.

If you are against having GnomeMeeting in the desktop, please discuss
that on real merits instead of spreading misinformation caused by your
system being misconfigured.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an obese native American paranormal investigator trapped in a world he
never made. She's an enchanted kleptomaniac archaeologist who don't take no
shit from nobody. They fight crime!