gnome-kiosk

Hi everyone:
I wonder if there is anybody interested or already working on a kiosk
mode for gnome.
kde has this by simply adding [$i] to make unmutable some or all
configurations. The key must be added in the text config file at $USER
or $GLOBAL.
I am administering two public pcs with gnome in a cafe. It's free to use
them, free as in speech and free as in beer.
I am having lot's of trouble with users, like removing icons, panels,
etc.
This will be a great solution for me and maybe for many more admins.
I guess it could be done through the gconf-editor, better than changing
text files, anyway, I'm not a programmer, I will do the testing and
feedback.
Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!!
Yours:
Nestor Diaz
hispalinux.es
augcyl.org