Re: icons in gnome-desktop

Il mar, 2003-05-13 alle 17:57, Mark McLoughlin ha scritto:
> Hey,
> 	There's a heap of old/unused icons in gnome-desktop/pixmaps.
> Essentially, very few icons should be there apart from the GNOME foot
> and maybe some others.
>
> 	I've just moved all the panel icons to gnome-panel. Does anybody else
> fancy tracking down the rest of the icons ?

IHMO we should move all used icons in gnome-icon-theme module. Icons
used in all Desktop, of course.

In fact a lot of them are used in Application menu and applications://
and in preferences (from Application menu, preferences:// and
gnome-control-center --use-shell)

And we should do the same with capplet/common icons in
gnome-control-center module too

("???" means: I've no idea)

advanced-directory.png
        it should be used in preferences, but don't.
        Move in g-i-t/apps ?

apple-green.png
apple-red.png
        anybody use them? Remove or make new and place in g-i-t/apps
        IMHO

gnome-aorta.png
gnome-applets.png
	unused, remove theme

gnome-applications.png
gnome-audio2.png
	used in applications:// (IMHO move in g-i-t/apps)

gnome-background.png
	old, unused, remove it

gnome-calc2.png
	remove

gnome-calc3.png
	used in applications:// (move in g-i-t/apps)

gnome-calendar.png
	???

gnome-cardgame.png
	move in g-i-t/apps or gnome-games

gnome-ccbackground.png
	unused, remove

gnome-ccdesktop.png
	remove, we should use g-i-t/fs/gnome-fs-desktop everywhere

gnome-ccdialog.png
	unused remove

gnome-cckeyboard-bell.png
gnome-cckeyboard.png
	used in gnome-cc/keyboard?? Ugly :-((

gnome-ccmime.png
	used in prefs, but it's really ugly...
	place a better (see attach) one in g-i-t/apps

gnome-ccperiph.png
gnome-ccscreensaver.png
	remove

gnome-ccthemes.png
	used in preferences:// (move in g-i-t/apps and rename as
gnome-themes.png)

gnome-ccwindowmanager.png
	used on startup, but we need a better one (in g-i-t/apps :-)

gnome-color-browser.png
gnome-color-xterm.png
gnome-computer.png
gnome-cromagnon.png
	remove all

gnome-day.png
	???

gnome-debian.png
	???

gnome-devel.png
	used in applications:// move in g-i-t/apps

gnome-die1.png
gnome-die2.png
gnome-die3.png
gnome-die4.png
gnome-die5.png
gnome-die6.png
	???

gnome-diskfree.png
	remove

gnome-emacs.png
	unused (move in g-i-t/apps/gnome-gnu.png?)

gnome-eterm.png
	remove

gnome-favorites.png
	unused, but useful (move in g-i-t/fs/gnome-fs-favorites?)

gnome-file-c.png
gnome-file-h.png
	remove (if we need them we have g-i-t, is't it?)

gnome-folder.png
        used in Application->Desk Pref/advanced, but we shoud use
        $THEME/gnome-fs-directory or advanced-directory.png

gnome-gemvt.png
	remove

gnome-gimp.png
	???

gnome-globe.png
        used in applications:// but ugly (move attached one in
        g-i-t/apps/gnome-network.png)

gnome-gmenu.png
	???

gnome-gmush.png
	follow gnome-apple

gnome-gnomine.png
gnome-gnomoku.png
gnome-gsame.png
	move in gnome-games?

gnome-graphics.png
	used in applications:// move in g-i-t/apps

gnome-help.png
	used in applications:// move in g-i-t/apps

gnome-home.png
	remove, we have should use $THEME/fs/gnome-fs-home

gnome-html.png
gnome-image-gif.png
gnome-image-jpeg.png
	remove

gnome-irc.png
	unused (remove and add a better one in g-i-t/apps)

gnome-joystick.png
	used in application:// move in g-i-t/apps/gnome-games.png

gnome-laptop.png
	remove

gnome-logo-icon.png
gnome-logo-icon-transparent.png
gnome-logo-large.png
	don't know. IMHO g-i-t is the best place for icon stuff :-)

gnome-log.png
	move in gnome-utils. If we have it.

gnome-mailcheck.png
gnome-mdi.png
gnome-mnemonic.png
gnome-modem.png
	remove

gnome-money.png
	remove and place a better one in g-i-t/apps/gnome-finance.png

gnome-monitor.png
        used in application:// but ugly (jimmac should have a better one
        somewhere)

gnome-month.png
	???

gnome-mouse.png
	remove

gnome-multimedia.png
	used in applications:// (move in g-i-t/apps)

gnome-networktool.png
gnome-news.png
gnome-note.png
gnome-qeye.png
	remove

gnome-session.png
	used in startup (remove and put a attached one in g-i-t/apps/)

gnome-set-time.png
	???

gnome-settings.png
	used in preferences:// (move in g-i-t/apps/)

gnome-spider.png
	remove
gnome-squeak.png
	remove... sigh...

gnome-suse.png
	???

gnome-system.png
	used in applications:// (move in g-i-t/apps/)

gnome-talk.png
gnome-term-linux2.png
gnome-term-linux.png
	remove

gnome-term-night.png
        it's used in logout entry/button... IHMO a gtk-stock-exit is
        better, isn't it?

gnome-term.png
gnome-term-tiger.png
gnome-tigert.png