Re: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 15:44, Jeff Waugh wrote:

>     gnome-system-tools
>
>       This module is being discussed on d-d-l at the moment. Left undecided.

In general, I agree with all the choices.  I like the idea of g-s-t, but
it currently lacks FreeBSD and Solaris support.  Every time I've tried
to contact the g-s-t developers to get some guidance, tips, etc. on
implementing FreeBSD support, I've been ignored.  It seems to me, this
is the most platform-specific component of the desktop, and if I had to
point to what doesn't belong, it would be this.

Don't get me wrong, g-s-t looks great, and is probably very useful to
Linux users.  I just wonder if it's too platform dependent for the base
desktop.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus FreeBSD org