Re: 2.4: System Tools - Please try them

Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:

[...]

> Sorry, I am a muppet:
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-system-tools/
>
> People, please try them out and tell us what you think.

I think they're cool and that they could be very, very helpful to new
users who need to setup their system for the first time. The UI is
clean and geared toward non-hackes too. Mileages away from e.g. the
horrible Linuxconf that Red Hat once shipped with.

I also think that it is nonsensical that each distribution has to roll
its own set of system tools and that hopefully promotion of Gnome
System Tools could help concentrate the efforts. Also, the distro
tools I've seen so far usually suck UI-wise (but that might have
changed somewhat the last couple of years).

The GST suite could take a large step in promoting both Gnome and
the Linux/*BSD way in general.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/