Re: Personal remarks on Epiphany/Galeon [Was: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List]

<quote who="iain">

> Which, once again, makes me wonder why we have this fight to get
> applications into some mythical utopic entity called "The Desktop".
> Having an easy way to find software which has been blessed/certified
> would, as afar as I can tell, fix these problems, because we can bless
> both browsers and leave it up to the user to decide.

Please read the Overview section of this document, I think it describes why
the desktop is not a "mythical utopic entity", and why it has real, useful
significance:

  http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/screeds/twofourmodules.html

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

       The implementation of any sufficiently advanced technology is
                        indistinguishable from pr0n.