RE: Personal remarks on Epiphany/Galeon [Was: Release Team's Almo st-Final Modules List]

Le jeu 29/05/2003 à 18:24, iain a écrit :
> That is what people seem to think it is, and what it was always touted
> as. "Its not quite ready for the desktop, it goes into fifth toe until
> it matures". Look at the flamewar that was started over gnomemeeting
> because the author felt he was being slighted when gnomemeeting wasn't
> allowed into the desktop, even though it had served its time well in the

I don't think it was a flamewar at all, it was just a discussion. I
didn't feel being slighted at all either. There was a discussion about
the usefulness or not of GnomeMeeting in the desktop release.

Some people were giving a good argumentation - positive or not wrt the
inclusion of GnomeMeeting - while other people with an wrong knowledge
of what is VOIP were also arguing badly.

There would have been no problem for me if GnomeMeeting had not been
included. But there would have been a big problem if it had not been
included for wrong reasons.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org