Re: The noninclusion of Gaim

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 06:53, Christian Rose wrote:
> So why, once again, are we even discussing the inclusion of Gaim?

Because Gaim is unquestionably the best IM client in the world.

I have no problem being part of GNOME (nor does Rob), as long as we get
to preserve the control we have over the project.  A lot of the Gaim
developers worry that being part of GNOME would sacrifice this control;
that we'd have to abandon our own release cycle, that we'd have to
abandon our Windows port, that we'd be forced to use gnome libraries,
and other such stuff.

Is there a good write-up anywhere of exactly what it means to be "part
of GNOME"?  Rob and I would certainly be interested in reading it.

-s.

PS Rob gets lots of E-mails and its not uncommon for one to get lost
once in a while.