Re: Default Panel Sizes in Gnome 2.4.1

> > I am sure I have a write-up of a Miguel talk from a Guadec which
> > had a slide about working on 640x480. That was 2001. Have we
> > abandoned that goal? Should I put a little "Historical note:
> > we have given up on this" next to that?
> Honestly, yea.  640x480 is simply a disaster.  No one should be running
> at 640x480.

There is an overall problem with anything thats a fixed size. A lot of
gnome-games is fixed size and we get bug reports complaining that it is
a) too large for 640x480
b) too small for 1600xlots
I suspect that regardless of what size you use there will be people who
dislike it. Maybe, as an idea for 2.6, the default size could be some
percentage of the screen height.

 - Callum