Re: GNOME Toolkit

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 08:49, Zeitgeist wrote:
> GNOME really needs to move their base over from a new, unstable,
> untested toolkit to Motif.

ugh

> Motif is the world's most mature toolkit for those critical mission
> applications. This fast, bug-free, attractive toolkit seems the perfect
> choice from GNOME and related applications.
>
> Just imagine the sex appeal of a Motif GNOME and Evolution desktop? With
> the UI gurus from Sun on board, (those people who smartly choose CDE as
> a UNIX desktop), how can we loose?
>
> Motif will bring GNOME and Linux into the 21st centuary!

since everybody has been moving out of Motif (included Sun, who have
been moving to GNOME) for the last 10 years or so, I think moving GNOME
to Motif would be getting GNOME back to the 20th century :-)

Dude, get the GNOME train to the 21st century, I think you are trying to
get on the wrong train :-)

cheers