Re: panel size on different resolutions

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 06:17:46PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Recap on the problem: we currently specify the panel size in pixels,
> but this means that on really large resolutions the panel may appear too
> small and, conversely, on really small resolutions the panel may appear
> way too big.
>

> 	So, it occurred to me that perhaps what we want is the panel size to be
> specified in points instead of pixels. This means that the panel would
> occupy the same physical size on the screen no matter what the
> resolution.
>
> 	Thoughts ?

   http://www.oberonplace.com/dtp/fonts/point.htm

What's your point?

*wink**wink*,
Greg

P.S. - Using GNOME 2.2, my panel is "X Small" which measures (by counting
       in xmag) 24px high on this 800x600px screen. By metric ruler, it's
       6mm high on 211mm by 159mm. (±0.5mm for those lengths)
       I'm happy with this.

P.P.S. - Shouldn't "X Small" have been "Extra Small"?