Re: Gnome logout script

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 07:51, Sean Atkinson wrote:

> Browsing the source for gnome-session, I notice a logout command can be
> set.  Currently it's only used for invoking poweroff or reboot if
> selected in the GUI, but it seems the natural place to add some logout
> script too.  However I don't understand how either reboot or poweroff
> work since the gnome-session process doesn't seem to be running as
> root...

Just a note here - many systems let users run the reboot/poweroff
commands.  If the user can't run these, those items won't be in the
logoff menu.  They're convenient for single-user (at a time) home
machines and such, and don't constitute a true security hole, in those
cases.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.