Re: tasklist_applet 1.4 in RedHat7.2/7.3 versus WindowList-applet2.2 in RedHat9

Thanks for the quick replies.

Andrew wrote

Quick answer: No, the 1.4 tasklist will not embed into a 2.x panel.

If you could write up the regressions in the new tasklist that make it
unusable for you and file that in bugzilla.gnome.org that would be
really useful.

I am in the process of doing so.

Mark wrote

Screenshots would really clearify this

Thanks for that suggestion. I am attaching them here and hope you can view them ok:
Screenshot-TaskList-RH7.jpg
Screenshot-Panel-RH9.png
Each one shows a list of 25 windows, of which 12 are identical windows with what should be identical bitmap icons, and it's these with which I am having difficulty on RH9. I hope you can see which are the "matching" 12 - the icon of each is some very simple cartoon-like "drawing" in black on white bg. On RH7 the icon fills the cell and the contrast between the black drawing and the white bg is very clear. In the RH9 windowlist they are shrunk into a half-size box in the cell and also they are reversed, black foreground on dark-grey background. The overall effect is that they are almost indistinguishable from each other, at least with my eyes. As I have to frequently switch from one to another. this is a serious obstacle for me. I have looked for ways to alter them but don't see anything.

I suppose my question is really:
what can I do to make my RH9 windowlist/tasklist look like my RH7 TaskList?

Thanks very much (if you can suggest something)

John