Re: tasklist_applet 1.4 in RedHat7.2/7.3 versus WindowList-applet2.2 in RedHat9

Sean wrote:
Second, explain better what you mean.  Did you mean you don't
like the icons?  That's all themable - just change your desktop icon ...

I tried to elaborate in a later posting, but in addition, I should add that these icons were created by me and are meaningful to me. All twelve of those windows that I am complaining about are emacs windows from emacs processes running on various hosts but all running the same emacs binary, and I need a way of distinguishing them from each other as I have to switch focus between them frequently. Each emacs sets its icon-type individually. Hope that clarifies.

personally, that's a *really* goofy thing to base the OS you use on.

Obviously subjective, but IMHO, as a reason for choosing RH7.2 versus RH9, in the overall range of goofiness, I'd rate it barely a semi-goof. Now if it was a reason for going all the way back to Windows and Exceed ...

John